Wednesday 12 October 2011

It's the day of the ball.


October 12th is highlighted for two reasons. First it is my appointment at the hairdresser, so I went down to Ripon (lovely to drive myself there after all this time) in the pouring rain. Crossing the River Ure I see it is banking dangerously and when I get out to take a photograph I find it is making a noise like an express train.

The other reason it is highlighted is that today - as it is every year for the last four years - is the day of Willow's Cyber Ball. (Go to Life at Willow Manor on my side bar if you wish to read more). Anyone can go and can choose any partner, dead or alive, any method of transport and can wear whatever they wish - cost no deterrent.
Those of you who have blogged with me for a long time will remember the delightful Derrick of Melrose musings. He stopped blogging a while ago but I had his e mail address and a quick e mail soon let me know that he would be delighted to accompany me to the ball. So we are going (in our imagination) in his Rolls Royce Silver Cloud. There will be delicious cyber food and the beauty of that is that you can eat as much as you wish without putting on a single ounce. Yes, I know it sounds daft but Willow has made this an annual event and so many participate now that she just couldn't stop doing it - we would all be disappointed at not painting the picture in our imagination.

The things some people will get up to to avoid this awful weather.

15 comments:

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Pat... you are Pat, right? Just FYI, your link at Willow's blog does not end up at your blot -- its a "dead end"

H said...

The Ure does look high! Funnily enough, we've had a mainly dry day here today. We even managed a little sunshine at times.

The ball does sound like fun. I hope you enjoy your ride in the Silver Cloud!

Unknown said...

Fun idea...it's imaginative, social and best of all, free :)

The Bug said...

Oh great fun - I'm glad you're at the ball :)

Heather said...

What a delightfully dotty idea - have a good time at the ball. Will you be wearing full evening dress?! The river looks very high - hope it won't cause problems in the locality.

Mrs.Trellis said...

And us ladies always like an excuse to dress up a little! :)

Helen said...

Meeting you? A highlight of my evening!!!

angryparsnip said...

Beautiful Photo but what a rainy day for you. Does this mean a early and very cold winter ?

Today in Tucson it will be a high of 92 and a low of 52, about 10 degrees warmer than it should be but we will enjoy it. Pool Time !

cheers, parsnip

Unknown said...

Hello Pat, It is so good to see you at the ball today.... with Derrick of all people! Like the rest of the bloggers who knew him, his blog is missed so very much! Thank you for bringing him along. I hope you both were able to try the quail eggs. Your hair looks very lovely in that quaff, Pat and you both looked gorgeous together stepping out of the Silver Cloud.

Gerry Snape said...

Pat I hope you will wave at me across the room at Willow's....look there I am...oh gosh it's Gary Cooper,.must tell aunt Helen...sorry have to dash!!!

Yoli said...

I am glad you decided to attend! You certainly arrived in style!

steven said...

well weaver i can see you're having a wicked good time!!! i'll be there sometime in the early morning with my date for a dawnfast . . . we'll be down by the stream out back of tess's property. come and join us for all sorts of good tasties!! steven

Cloudia said...

Oh perhaps I shall go as well!



Aloha from Honolulu;

Comfort Spiral



> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sorry about the link up - I am useless at doing them but yes, I did go to the ball - lovely to hear about it all. Super idea from Willow.

Tess Kincaid said...

Weaver, you and Derrick were the bee's knees...I looked for him, but must have missed him...thanks for making the Willow Manor Ball 2011 so enjoyable...